Board Elections Information
1 Office, 7 friends, Infinite Memories
Here, you can find any official information regarding the elections of the AUCSA 2024-25. Every year in May, the AUCSA Board of the next year is elected by the General Assembly (GA). This event is accessible for all members of the AUCSA. During the GA, all candidates may speech and answer questions from the members. A proposed board is then presented by the Elections Commission, after which the voting procedure starts. The candidate with the most votes will fill the board position in the next academic year. This year’s GA will take place TBD.
Additional information about the Elections procedure will be available soon!
Your Elections Journey
- Join our Info-Sessions to learn more about the Board life and responsibilities! The whole AUCSA Board will be there, as well as the Elections Commission.
- There will be time for Coffee Dates. This is your chance to talk to any current AUCSA Board member one-on-one. Ask all the real questions and get a free coffee! Send your preferred date + time + member(s) to email@example.com to schedule a coffee date.
- Join our Open Meeting in the AUCSA Office. Check out what a regular Board meeting looks like and feel free to partciipate if you want.
- Join our informal Couch Session during lunch time in front of the AUCSA Office. Come chat with the current board and ask any questions you might have before the applications deadline.
- The Applications Deadline will include your CV and motivation letter (max. 1000 words) emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter needs to answer the following questions:
- Why are you applying for the AUCSA Board?
- If you are applying for a specific position, why are you applying for this position and what makes you the right person for it?
- What would the AUCSA contribute to you personally?
- What would you like to improve about the association within 5 years?
- After reviewing all submissions, the EC will invite you for a 1-hour Interview.
- Once all interviews are over, you will need to write and submit your Election Statement to email@example.com, which will then be published on the AUCSA website.
- Show your best side and most innovative ideas at the Elections Debate.
- Vote and get voted for at the ElectionsGA.
AUCSA Elections Countdown
The Elections Commission (EC)
The 2024 Elections Commission (EC) is composed of one ex-AUCSA Board member and two independent members. Together with the current AUCSA Board, the EC is responsible for organizing the Elections of the new AUCSA Board of 2024-25. The EC reviews the incoming applications, conducts interviews with the candidates, and asks specific questions during the Elections Debate.
Based on all applications, interviews, and performances during the debate, as well as through their own expertise, the EC will propose a Board during the Elections GA. This proposed Board consists of the candidates they deem the best fit for the AUCSA Board of 2024-25, both in terms of their individual skills and our perception of how they would work together.
The current AUCSA Board is solely involved with the promotion of the elections timeline and procedure. They do not have access to the motivation letters and have no influence on the interviews, debate and proposed Board.